Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am having trouble with new RAM on my computer, please can you advise?

I have just bought some new RAM for my windows Vista computer, i used to have 1GB of it but i am trying to upgrade to 4GB and i have two 2GB sticks. I got them today and put them both in my computer and when i fired it up it says i have 2.5GB RAM, i tried them both on their own and it came up with 2GB for each, i am stuck with what to do, please help, thank-you.I am having trouble with new RAM on my computer, please can you advise?
32bit operating systems will use all 4GB but will not show all of it because it is being used for the kernel. This is normal. Now. When you are starting your computer if you are looking at the Black screen with a bunch of information it should have a ';memory test'; and it should show something like 4194304Kb OK. If that is the case...your memory is fine. If not....check for a BIOS update and that should solve the problem.





64bit operating systems will recognize the full amount of RAM with no issues.I am having trouble with new RAM on my computer, please can you advise?
That is the max amount of ram that windows vista will recognize. You can out as much as you want in, and it will run faster. Vista wont realize that you have it though.
your computer probably is not built to handle that much memory





it happens. my computer maxes out at 2 gb








you would need a new processor to go any higher
the ram is not compatable with your machine ..it seems the motherboard will only read 1 gb per slot not 2 go to www.crucial.com and run the scan to find out what your pc will take
Your maximum ram for the mother board is probably 2.5 GB so that is all it will be able to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment