Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Has anyone got advise on a European vacation?

We are hitting Rome (3 days), Italy; Naples, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Venice, Italy; Venice, Italy; Messina, Sicily, Italy; Barcelona, Spain; Cannes, France; Livorno, Italy in June via Carnival cruise. Especially would like input on day excursions/points of interest that are not to be missed at the above locations. Any other advise would helpful as well. I've never been on a cruise ship before either.Has anyone got advise on a European vacation?
In Rome there is heaps to see and do....lots of Roman stuff eg Colloseum, Pantheon, Roman Forum as well as other things like the Trevi Fountain, the Vatican etc.....You won't be lost for things to do there.





I would try to go to Pompeii while in Naples....I personally haven't been into the main central part of Naples, but when we went thru it, I was a bit dismayed....but Pompeii is nearby so try to go there....we had a tour guide ( I went on a day tour from Rome) and it was great hearing about all the extra bits and pieces of info....its a large site too....not a couple of streets like I tohught!!!





Dubrovnik is lovely and its quite small....the main stuff of interest is in the old part of town surrounded by a wall ( which you can walk and is an excellent way of seeing the town and stunning views of the sea!)...its very pretty and quite old!


Venice is also another small city which does not take much time to get around....I didn't bother with the expensive gondolas I just took the old ferry boats that got up and down the canals and give you great views. The main stuff to see is around St Marks square and Rialto bridge ( excellent market just next to it with lots of souveniers)


Didn't go to Messiner


Barcelona is pretty cool I have to say. I only spent a day there. I did one of those double decker ( open top) bus tours which go around the city ,to get around as many things of interest as I could.....I did the one that goes to the Sangrada familia Cathedral which is a good tour....I recommend you seeing as much of Gaudi's stuff as possible its amazing!!! There is apartments and a house ( highly recommend this) on the same street ( not sure of name) but its near the main drag of La Ramabala ( great shopping).





Liverno nope didn;t see or Cannes so can't help you there.


Hope these things help.Has anyone got advise on a European vacation?
Hey.....I am going backpacking in Europe in May and we are hitting alot of countries such as Italy, France, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. I think the thing I am most excited about though is when we are going to visit Cinca Terra(??not sure on spelling). It is a town you can only get to by hiking I think and its so beautiful. Its along the coast and I think it will be so peaceful
Go to Amsterdam.
  • moisturizer cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment