Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need to paint only part of my wall, please advise?

hi, we had a hole in the wall (don't ask what happened..lol) anyhow, we had to drywall part of the wall and now i have to repaint it (the rest was only painted 1 year ago so i don't want to do the whole room plus there are 'natural' deviders) anyhow, do i have to paint the whole part with primer or just over the drywalled part? i am just painting it the colour it was again, really dark. thx for adviceI need to paint only part of my wall, please advise?
You should be able to get away with just painting the new drywall. Prime it first, then roll your color. If you still have the orig. color, you may still notice a slight variation? That would probably dictate that you at least paint that one wall.





I'm not sure how you define ';Natural Dividers';





They might mean you don't have to do taping? Mudding? Other than over the screw holes? BUT you didn't ask about that.





Steven WolfI need to paint only part of my wall, please advise?
Been there before. after you have patched as lon as the repair is no more than a roller wide thats all you paint with primer. when placing the other color thats different you want two paint and blend in at least 2 1/2 feet past the mark or it will be noticeable. why do I say that? I had hole in a wall that I repaired and when just painting the area damage it stood out so bad that I had to reprim the whole are and them some. afterwards I fanned out from the are so that it would blend in. Mine was trick because I hadd a feather glazing as well to do. good luck hope this helps





If the dividers are up against just fan between the dividers in damaged area it should blend in nicely.
After the paint dries, you may notice a slight color difference between the new and old paint. I used to paint the entire wall, from corner to corner and floor to ceiling. The slight color difference between the walls then wouldn't be noticeable. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment