Thursday, July 29, 2010

STEPDAUGHTERS BEDTIME?can anyone advise me plz what time would you send a 11 year old child to bed?

can anyone advise me plz what time would you send a 11 year old child to bed?my unruley stepdaughter wants to please herself and is starting to be cheeky,lie and theive now she thinks shes big now shes started high school?STEPDAUGHTERS BEDTIME?can anyone advise me plz what time would you send a 11 year old child to bed?
If she is being cheeky, lying and thieving and generally misbehaving, send her to bed as soon as she has dinner!! I have an 11 year old, and that's what happens to him when he is like this.





However, in general, I think around 8.30. In my opinion, parents need their own space too. Having a young kid up later than that prevents you from being able to have couple time. If she wants to stretch it to 9pm, tell her she needs to go to bed at 8:30 but you will let her read for 1/2 hour before lights out.





My son isn't in high school yet, and he goes to bed around 8pm, and falls asleep immediately, but he really needs his sleep, he's always been a big sleeper, but I never get any arguments from him about it because he knows he's tired. He is also very active physically, so by the end of the day, he is exhausted.STEPDAUGHTERS BEDTIME?can anyone advise me plz what time would you send a 11 year old child to bed?
I agree that if she's being rude,lying,and not following rules then the bedtime needs to be strict and continue until she corrects her behavior. I think all priveledges should be taken as well (computer,tv,etc). that oughta remind her that she's not as ';big'; as she thinks she is and there are rules in your house.





once you get the behavior under control, I say in room by 8:30 and lights out by 9p. by daughter is 9 and this is what we do. the only exception is monday nights when she has cheer practice and we don't get home until about 8:30p. she really needs her sleep so I feel it best for her to be asleep by 9p and my fiance and I really need that time in the evening to catch up and connect with each other w/out child interruption.





I would let her read but no computer or tv-the eye strain while watching it will make her more alert





hope this helps!!






When my son was 11 he went to bed at 8pm and then had to read for 30 minutes before turning out the light. It was hard to get him up in the morning and that was the reason for the earlier bedtime. He's a bookworm too...I'd find him awake at midnight with a flashlight reading.





My daughter at that age went to bed at 8:30pm and had to read for 30 minutes. Often times when I went to check on her and tell her it was time for lights out...she'd already be sleeping.





My son is 12 now, and just started high school (not Jr high...High school, he will graduate in 4 years). I upped his bedtime to 9pm with 30 minutes of reading but told him if we have any problems then it will be moved to an earlier time.





I've never used early bedtime as a punishment for anything other than not getting up in the morning. Punishments should fit the crime.





When my kids try to get mouthy, if their friends are around I discipline them in front of their friends and make sure their friends know that it's an act for their benefit, and then if it continues I make it hard for them to hang around with that friend. When friends aren't around, they lose privileges like phone, computer etc.
um VA Mama depending on where you live 11yr olds do start HIGH school.


here in the UK my daughter is in what is known as high school, or secondary school, or maybe senior school. age 11-16 or from this yrs intake now 11-18yrs





anyway back to the question my 11yr old in high school (as of 1 whole day) her bed time is 9pm -9.30pm school nights and between 9pm and 11pm fri sat nights.........


Children need a good nights sleep before school. i'm quite strict with my son too he's almost 17yr old and in college now if he does not get enough sleep he won't work so well the next day........and he is working towords A levels, plans to go on to university. and his plan his he wants to be a forensic scientist. well to me that means he needs to be well rested. Hopefully one day he's gonna be making good money for himself . My job is having him as alert as possible to prepare himself. he gets a later bed time than his younger sisters but not by too much
i say 9pm is a good time for that age, give or take. and maybe on the weekends a little later, but by 11pm on those nights. My niece is around the same age and she generally can't stay up past 11 (if i let her on special nights). but school nights and regular nights 9pm. probably start getting them in P.J.'s and have showered/bathed/teeth brushed by 8pm so that they start unwinding. :)
Well, I am 11 and I go to bed at 10:00. I'm in bed by 9:30 and I read for a half an hour. I have to do that for school and just to settle down. That's the time I'd recommend, I get up at 7:00 AM and I'm perfectly fine. I'm not sleepy, just lazy. Lol.
I would say 10 Pm but it is up to the child's Father. You and him have to pick a time, and he has to enforce it. That will keep you from looking like the evil stepmother. Talk to him when she is not around.
11 year olds don't start high school...you probably meant junior high. But anyway, when I was 11 I think my bedtime was 9.
9:00 is completely reasonable.
anywhere between 8:30 and 9...9 the latest
id send her to bed at 9:30 but thats the latest
My 11 yr old goes to bed at 9.
weird. anyway 8:30-9 is when my 11 year old sister goes to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment