Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can you advise me on my next big step in life ?

- I am a Marine nearing the end of my first enlistment.


- I'm thinking about re-enlisting for ';intel';.


- My GT and ASVAB qualify me for everything.


- Im in good shape.


- Im married w/o kids.


- I'm looking for the military AND non-military point of view.Can you advise me on my next big step in life ?
THINK


YOU ONLY GOT ONE BRAIN


IF THE WAR GETS MORE HEAVY


BESTCan you advise me on my next big step in life ?
I don't know what GT and ASVAB are, but I assume you are saying you are in the upper percentile in testing. Coming from my point of view (just graduated aerospace engineering) I would recommend an engineering degree from a good school. The military background will help a lot in this field. Engineering isn't for everyone but there are a ton of jobs right now in certain types of engineering.
Intel will open many doors for you after your tour or if you retire. If kids are in the near future, you maybe want to get intel work that has office type setting, such as signals analysis or image analysis. If you're sure no kids are coming, and you can pass a DLAB, try for an interrogator position ( if the marines do that). Your language skills will be invaluable after you leave. Thanks for your service.
My son is in the Army. He just re-enlisted for three more years. He has a wife and two daughters with one more on the way. In this world of so much uncertainty, I think I would chose to stay in the military. At least you know you will be cared for,in any event. However, I would strongly urge you and your wife to seek the Lord's presence in your life, if you don't already. We all need Him to be there for us. But with your occupation it is a prerequisite due to the nature of your work!


I commend you highly, for your duty and bravery to your country. I am humbled to answer your question. I will keep you safely in all my supplication unto the Lord! He 'Is' Good
My husband just retired from USMC as a 0-4. He started at E-1. He just got a job with a contractor making a good amount of money. Plus he gets his retirement. If you can hack it out until retirement, I'd do it. Unless you have an awesome job waiting for you. Also...I would reccommend you ask your wife what she thinks. She's the one who has to follow you all over the country. Good luck to you. Semper Fi.
You should consult your wife about it, but re-enlisting sounds like a good call.


I did my paperwork for the Marines last week, and do MEPS tomorrow
See if you can get paid more by being an goverment civilian or a working for a government contractor.
4 more hitches and you can retire, and work a civilian job.
Join the Army
  • tanning sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment