Monday, August 23, 2010

Can you give me advise on setting up my son's fishing pole?

I haven't been fishing in over 25 years and I'm taking my 4y/o son to the neighborhood fishing day tomorrow. Originally Dad was going to go with us but he was called out of town at the last minute. We have a little ZEBCO Spongebob Pole for our son to use but I don't remember how to set it up. I have 3 different size bobbers, small weighted crappie hooks, and a casting plug. Any advice?Can you give me advise on setting up my son's fishing pole?
Try a medium sized weighted hook w/ a medium sized bobber approx. 3 ft. above it. Get some large meal worms. You can find them at most pet stores or bait shops. Run hook through worm several times so the fish will have to work at it. Wait til he pulls it completely under, set the hook %26amp; enjoy watching your little man have a ball. Take along a pair of needle nose pliers and a 5 gallon bucket. Pliers make it easier %26amp; safer to pull the hook out. Keep the fish in the bucket for a little while. Your son will have a ball watching it. Good Luck %26amp; enjoy this special moment. P.S. Don't forget the camera!Can you give me advise on setting up my son's fishing pole?
well i'd use a medium - little bobber and have a sinker rite above the knot where the hook is and use very little pieces of bait don't worry bout size of fish think bout how to keep the kid busy little fish more to keep entertained just have fun Double looped-knots always work good and very strong

No comments:

Post a Comment