Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am a 27 year old male and my doc wants to put me on Zoloft. Any advise ?

I have suffered with anxiety and mild panic attacks since my early 20's. For awhile I was on 4 mg of Xanax a day for over a year. The Xanax worked well, but the doc says I have been on Xanax for too long and he feels Zoloft would be more effective for me. I am just so concerned with all the negative side effects I hear about Zoloft and also feel I am to young to start Zoloft.


Any advise would realy help me!


Thank you all!I am a 27 year old male and my doc wants to put me on Zoloft. Any advise ?
Zoloft, or its generic counterpart sertraline, is generally well tolerated by most people. It is in a class of pharmaceuticals called SSRI's (like Paxil, etc) and is used for depression, anxiety, and some mood disorders. The side effects are often mild in adults, though alcohol use is not recommended.


However, if you at any time notice any negative change in thought or anxiety be sure to let your physician know as not every medication is right for everyone. For a more detailed list of side effects I would check out webmd.com.





As far as your nervousness about taking Zoloft, you should know that there are A LOT of people who use anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds at some point in their lives -- its just that not many people talk about it. There are a lot of people who's lives have been improved by it, though I would certainly suggest if you have concerns to discuss it with your doctor and s/he can answer your questions specifically to your background and needs. Hope that helps!I am a 27 year old male and my doc wants to put me on Zoloft. Any advise ?
my advise is to see if your doctor can put you on generic first because i am a 21 year old woman who was put on zolofot and the side effects i am still feeling and the doctor took me off of them like five months ago
you aren't to young but if you are concerned about the side effects, tell your doc and ask if there is something else you could try.
I would give the Zoloft a try. I used it before and it was ok. I actually like it better than the Xanax,because its not as addicting. You doctor can monitor your side effects and if they get to bad change your meds.
look zoloft has completely changed my roomates life.


300% better for her.
Sure, take the advice of complete strangers over a medical professional who has years of experience.
Try getting different opinions. See another doctor and see what he says. It's always better to get advice from more than one doctor.
just where every you do dont take the zoloft
I am 16 and have been on zoloft for over a year. I suffered from terrible anxiety and panic attacks for my whole life, and it escalated to a point where I really needed help. Zoloft has been a lifesaver.





Mind you, I do see a cognitive behavioral therpist and a psychiatrist with whom I talk to about my anxiety and about how the medication is working. A medication was a last resort, but it has worked like a charm.





I have had no negative side affects from the zoloft.
if you are sexually active you might want to conteract the bad side affects with welbutern. I have been on all most everything and so far the best is prozac and I do sometimes take xanax but he is right if you are taking to much it might be time for something else

No comments:

Post a Comment