Sunday, August 22, 2010

Do you advise against only showing up to class for exams given the professor's lectures are non-informative?

and uninfluential? I feel that I would preform better if, rather than show up to learn nothing, I used the time wisely by studying the material. Maybe I can get a classmates phone# and they can keep me up to date.





Or do you advise against it?Do you advise against only showing up to class for exams given the professor's lectures are non-informative?
It depends entirely on the person. I only showed up for exams and I did fine...but then I got lazy and stopped showing up at all.





If you know the material, and your professor permits it, then do what you want to do.





However, some professors do have attendence requirements, or they lecture on new and different material not in the textbooks during class, so if you miss class you miss the information. It really just depends on the class and the professor.





If you're going to just never go to class and then pester your classmates for notes, they're going to hate you, and you'd be better of going.





But if your class is basically just a repeat of what you read in the book, then you'd be fine to stay home and study.





My suggestion: attend class diligently the first few weeks or until the first exam, then assess what was on the exam vs. what you learned in class, and see if the lectures include new material, or if they just repeat what's in the book.
  • tanning sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment