Monday, August 23, 2010

My brother wants to be a chef. Where should I advise him to go to school?

He is thinking of going into a 4 year program at an art institute--but four years seems like such a commitment and in such a narrow field. Any advice on how to advise him in terms of getting an education that will serve him well?My brother wants to be a chef. Where should I advise him to go to school?
The CIA (no, not that one!) I know three chefs that attended, they are the best!





http://www.ciachef.edu/My brother wants to be a chef. Where should I advise him to go to school?
Pennsylvania School of Culinary Arts.
Most states have a culinary school that would help him get on with the nicer local restaurants. But you should help him shoot for the stars! Why not the Cordon Bleu in Paris? Or maybe Italy??





And 4 years is a normal commitment. Doctors go to school for much longer than that, and they have a pretty narrow commitment, if you think about it.
The California Culinary Academy on Post street. One of the best in the nation. Whooo...I used to go there for lunch and I can tell you, those people can cook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment